It’s that most wondrous time of the year for the Advoteam. We’re buying our flights and packing our bags for DrupalCon 2015!
We are so stoked (that’s something people say in LA, right?). But what are we most stoked on? Let’s poll the Advoteam!
- In general, I love cities. Being a remote worker with very little free time on my hands (a family and yard work keep me quite busy), Drupalcon gives me a chance to get a little taste of a new city I’ve never been to. Of course, getting some real face time to have some fun with the people you furiously type at all day long is a close second!
- So excited to hang out with the Advoteam in person again.
- Also excited about getting to sleep through the night where there is no baby that wakes up in the middle of the night and won’t go back to sleep, and no kindergartner who calls me into his room every night at 4am. Sorry Debbi, I owe you one. 🙂
- I’m most interested in Drupal 8 front end information. While it is still a ways off, those sessions will have more practical application to our day-to-day work than some of the other front end sessions.
- Also, I’ll be listening for anything about streamlining the front-end process.
- There are many wonders of working on a distributed team, but we do have to work at building the interpersonal relationships that would otherwise happen organically if we all shared an office together. I’ve never actually met any of my coworkers! So I’m most looking forward to seeing them in person for the first time, giving some hugs, and having a few drinks with my team.
- Over the years that I’ve been involved in the Drupal community, I’ve made many friends, but it’s been months (or years) since I’ve seen some of them. I can’t wait to catch up with old friends, and make some new ones.
- Learning some new Drupalfu (not to be confused with the avoid-at-all-costs Drupalflu).
- I am most looking forward to the chance to meet the rest of my team in person. As the newest member of a distributed team, I am really excited for the chance to spend some face-to-face time with people I’ve only gotten to know online.
- I was also happy to see this DrupalCon post on their plan to focus more on front-end development and the ecosystem around it. I think there will be many great sessions and a lot to learn!
- Meeting the Advoteam in person for the first time and verifying that they are in fact real people. Working remotely raises doubts sometimes.
- Reuniting with the Drupal community after missing the the last two Drupalcons. I’m hoping to learn more about how to contribute code.
- I am excited that this Drupalcon will be a fast track to getting up to speed on the Symfony components included in Drupal 8.
- Especially since we are a remote team, I am really looking forward to hanging with the gang in the evenings. It is always super-memorable.
We’re also really excited to meet you! Are you headed to DrupalCon? Shoot a tweet to @Advomatic or any of the Advostaff, and we’d be happy to meet up!