We love to partner with web designers and creative agencies on some of our projects. Create websites and online tools for progressive organizations with us!
As a web designer you would:
- Be a member of the discovery team – along with an information architect (can you do that too?), technical lead, and project manager -during the discovery phase of a project.
- Create style tiles or design directions and guide clients through the process of choosing a visual style.
- Create visual comps based on the content deliverables.
- Participate in internal reviews where you receive feedback from the other members of the discovery team about how your designs impact their areas of expertise.
- Incorporate feedback from the clients to revise the design.
- During the build phase of a project, review the website and give comments about the implementation of your design.
You must have these qualities:
- Superior communication skills (especially written) with an ability to translate abstract concepts for clients.
- Attention to detail. Please start your cover letter/pitch with “Dear Advoteam,” when applying.
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Located in a timezone shared with the continental United States.
- Willingness to make compromises to improve the overall success of the project.
- The ability to create designs, and make changes, quickly.
- A strong design portfolio.
It would be great if you had a few of these qualities, too:
- Experience with component driven design.
- Past work in a client service agency or building tools for mission-driven organizations.
- Experience working on a distributed team.
- An excellent sense of humor.
This posting will remain open indefinitely. When we need to bring on a new designer we will review the most recent applications.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
This posting is open to individual designers and design agencies interested in working with Advomatic. Employment firms need not apply.
Advomatic, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. Women, minorities and LGBT are strongly encouraged to apply. This company does not, and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state and federal law.