We are technical experts who build, maintain, and support websites for our mission-driven clients in Drupal and WordPress. We are a tight-knit, distributed team and offer great benefits and flexible working hours.
As a Drupal Technical Strategist you would:
- Work with the Director of Technical Strategy to understand the way we do things, how we approach technical problems, and how we structure projects.
- Be responsible for the technical oversight of Drupal web projects and ongoing technical support for specific clients, thinking holistically about what our clients are trying to achieve and how technology can help get them there.
- Ask a lot of questions to figure out the underlying needs and goals of the client, and proactively make recommendations.
- Work with clients and project managers to set priorities and to help clients understand technical details.
- Gently push back if someone suggests something that’s not a good idea, offering alternate approaches that could be easier or better.
- Write technical plans, user stories and specifications that developers can use to build something new.
- Direct and review work done by other developers.
- Work with the Director of Technical Strategy and the rest of the development team to improve what we do, streamline our processes, and implement new tools.
- Keep up to date on the current tools and trends in Drupal, in the sectors we work in, and in the wider world of web development. Then share that knowledge with both the rest of the team, and contribute to Advomatic’s thought leadership.
You might also do some work as a back-end developer:
- Implement requirements described in a technical plan, including site building, configuration, and writing custom code (including integrating with Drupal’s hooks, events, plug-in system, etc.).
- Participate in QA and code reviews.
- Support existing sites via our support ticket system.
- Run security updates for Drupal core and contrib.
You must have these skills/qualities:
- Superior communication skills (especially written) and an ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical people.
- A desire to help nonprofits use their websites to communicate more effectively.
- Experience and comfort working remotely on a decentralized team.
- Experience working with Drupal building and configuring websites (e.g. creating content types, and views).
- Attention to detail. Please start your cover letter with “Dear Advoteam,” when applying.
- The ability to split big ideas into a plan of many small, actionable tasks.
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with PHP web programming OR past work experience managing complex, CMS-driven websites (you don’t necessarily need to write code if you have deep knowledge of Drupal).
It would be great if you had some of these skills/qualities too:
- Experience with Drupal’s top contributed modules.
- Active in the Drupal community, or other open source projects.
- Familiarity with collaborative development tools such as Git.
- Some experience with the Linux command line, including Drush.
- Past work experience in a client service agency or nonprofit.
- Experience working on a remote/distributed team.
- Experience with agile development methodologies like Consultancy Scrum, Kanban, or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Experience with WordPress.
At Advomatic Studio, LLC we invest in our employees’ wellbeing and empower them with benefits provided through Justworks.
We offer all full-time employees 20 days of paid time off (in addition to paid holidays), a range of subsidized health insurance plans through Aetna as well as dental and vision plans, and a 401K retirement plan through Slavic401K with an employer match.
For further information regarding the wide range of benefits offered by Advomatic Studio, check out a detailed overview here
We have a standardized and equitable salary structure for various experience levels that is adjusted for regional costs of living. During the interview process, we’ll talk with you openly about salary ranges.
This posting will remain open until we find the right candidate.
This posting is open to individuals interested in full-time, salaried employment. Contractors, web agencies, or employment firms need not apply.
You must live in a timezone that overlaps with the continental United States and regularly work during our business hours (10-5 ET).
Advomatic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ, women, and/or gender non-conforming to apply. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state and federal law.