We use outside web designers on most of our projects, be it individual freelancers, or design agencies. Create websites and online tools for progressive organizations with us!
Working at Advomatic
We are specialists in the process, project management, and technical aspects of building websites. We focus on continually honing our craft.
Advomatic is more than just a development shop; our staff chooses to work for Advomatic because of our commitment to strengthening the progressive movement through powerful digital tools.
If this sounds like a place you’d like to work, read on…
As a contract web designer you would:
- Be a member of the discovery team (along with an information architect (can you do that too?), technical lead, and project manager) during the discovery phase of a project.
- Create style tiles and guide clients through the process of choosing a visual style.
- Meld the style tiles with wireframes (or other deliverables created by the information architect) to create visual comp’s. Depending on the project that might be full-page comp’s, or a component list.
- Participate in internal reviews where you receive feedback from the other members of the discovery team about how your designs impact their areas of expertise.
- Incorporate feedback from the clients to revise the design.
- During the build phase of a project, review the website and give comments about the implementation of your design.
You must have these qualities:
- Superior communication skills (especially written) with an ability to translate abstract concepts for clients.
- Attention to detail. Please start your cover letter/pitch with “Dear Advoteam,” when applying.
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Located in a timezone shared with the continental United States.
- Willingness to make compromises to improve the overall success of the project.
- The ability to create designs, and make changes, quickly.
- A strong design portfolio. But this is secondary to the above qualities.
It would be great if you had a few of these qualities, too:
- Past work in a client service agency or building tools for mission-driven organizations.
- Experience working on a distributed team.
- An excellent sense of humor.
This posting will remain open indefinitely. When we need to bring on a new designer we will review the most recent applications.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
This posting is open to individual designers and design agencies interested in working with Advomatic. Employment firms need not apply.
Advomatic, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. Women, minorities and LGBT are strongly encouraged to apply. This company does not, and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state and federal law.