Working at Advomatic
Build websites and online tools for progressive organizations with us! We are technical specialists who focus on honing our craft. We use an iterative development process and don’t skimp on quality.
We are more than just a development shop; our staff chooses to work for Advomatic because of our commitment to strengthening the progressive movement through powerful digital tools.
If this sounds like a place you’d like to work, read on…
We work with contract Drupal developers on a consistent basis. At any given time we are working with 2–5 contractors. Developers at Advomatic are responsible for building websites for our clients, in Drupal 8, and maintaining existing websites, in Drupal 7 and 8. As a developer, you will implement tasks from a technical plan and provide ongoing support of our clients’ websites and applications.
As a contract Back-end Developer you would:
- Implement requirements described in a technical plan, including database, PHP code, and module development.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Support existing sites via our support ticket system.
- Run security updates for Drupal core and contrib.
- be located in a timezone that overlaps at least four hours with business hours of the continental United States.
You must have most of these qualities:
- Experience in PHP web programming, or experience working with Drupal.
- Superior communication skills (especially written) with an ability to translate complex technical concepts to non-technical clients.
- Attention to detail. Please start your cover letter/pitch with “Dear Advoteam,” when applying.
- Experience with collaborative development tools such as Git.
- Knowledge of the APIs of Drupal Core and Drupal’s top contributed modules (and willing to get your hands dirty on the less familiar parts).
- Comfortable on the Linux command line, including Drush and Drupal Console.
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
It would be great if you had a few of these qualities, too:
- Contributing to and playing an active role in the Drupal community.
- Past work in a client service agency or building tools for mission-driven organizations.
- Experience working on a distributed team.
- Experience with agile development methodologies like Consultancy Scrum, Kanban, or Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- An excellent sense of humor.
- Experience with WordPress.
This posting will remain open indefinitely. When we need to bring on a new contractor we will review the most recent applications.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
This posting is open to individuals interested in contracting. Web agencies, or employment firms need not apply.
Advomatic, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. Women, minorities and LGBT are strongly encouraged to apply. This company does not, and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state and federal law.