We often partner with content strategists on website projects.
As a Content Strategist you would:
- Be a member of the discovery team – along with a designer (can you do that too?), technical lead, and project manager – during the discovery phase of a project.
- Guide a client through a discovery process to clarify users, goals and guidelines for content editing and creation.
- Create deliverables to support your content strategy – including sitemaps, content hierarchies, wireframes and guidelines for content creators.
- Participate in internal reviews where you receive feedback from the other members of the discovery team about how your deliverables impact their areas of expertise.
- Incorporate feedback from the team and the clients to revise the deliverables.
- During the build phase of a project, review the website and give comments about the content.
You must have these qualities:
- Superior communication skills (especially written) with an ability to translate abstract concepts for clients.
- Attention to detail. Please start your cover letter/pitch with “Dear Advoteam,” when applying.
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Located in a timezone shared with the continental United States.
- Willingness to make compromises to improve the overall success of the project.
- The ability to create/revise deliverables quickly.
- A strong portfolio. But this is secondary to the above qualities.
It would be great if you had a few of these qualities, too:
- Past work in a client service agency or building tools for mission-driven organizations.
- Experience working on a distributed team.
- An excellent sense of humor.
This posting will remain open indefinitely. When we need to bring on a new IA we will review the most recent applications.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
This posting is open to individual designers and design agencies interested in working with Advomatic. Employment firms need not apply.
Advomatic, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. Women, minorities and LGBT are strongly encouraged to apply. This company does not, and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state and federal law.